1. ESTABLISHMENT: The Institute enjoys the pioneer status under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Department of Agriculture, Co-operation and Farmers Welfare , Govt. of India. The responsibility for organisation and management is vested with the Director. He is assisted by the Technical and other Staff responsible for testing, training, farm and other sections at the Institute. The training staff consist of Senior Agricultural Engineer, Agricultural Engineers, Senior Technical Assistant, Training Assistants, Technicians. A farm superintendent assists for imparting training on the improved farming techniques. Specialists from manufacturing units and Govt. organisation are also invited to deliver lectures on the subjects. The Testing wing has Senior Agricultural Engineer, Agricultural Engineer, Senior Technical Assistant, Technician.
2. HOSTEL FACILITIES: The Institute has reasonably equipped hostel facilities (for 100 trainees) where they are provided free accommodation. The boarding is managed contract mess. The present charges per day is Rs. 70/- per person for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Facilities for sports and indoor and outdoor games are provided in the campus for the trainees. Besides the above, social, educational and cultural programmes, movies on technical subjects are organised.
3. GUEST HOUSE: The Institute has reasonably equipped two-room guest house with A/C facilities (for four persons) where they are provided accommodation @Rs.500/- per day per person.
4. LIBRARY: A Library with a large collection of technical and other reference books, periodicals and magazines on mechanised farming, general agriculture and related subjects is provided for the use of trainees and staff.
5. DISPENSARY: A dispensary equipped with medicines of day-to-day requirements is maintained for the benefit of staff and trainees. The dispensary is staffed with a Compounder.
6. FARM: The Institute possesses a total area of 185.332 hect. of land.